the on going search for a case...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by the_music_man, Oct 17, 2003.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Any word on which is quieter? I'm all about the quiet! Maybe you could get the cheap one and spend the $30 on some kind of mod if you aren't a big fan of side-windows.

Both are very nice looking! Good prices, too!

HOLY CRAP!!! I just noticed the second one uses the font from Omikron: The Nomad Soul. It has my vote!

3. Bronx Bomber

Bronx Bomber Guest

i would suggest a case from http://www.thermaltake.com because they have lots of room and lots of fans and they still look good.

4. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

too expensive don't get me starated on thermal take

5. leedogg

leedogg Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!

Errr...you get what you pay for, keep that in mind. I try to buy the best case/psu because I know they will last me the longest... I would recommend an Antec case. The life style series can mount 2 very nice quiet 120MM case fans.

6. Bronx Bomber

Bronx Bomber Guest

i mean, if you DONT want 7 fans in your case, thats your choice, but it wouldnt be mine. But, i guess you could just cut some nice big holes in your case and mount the fans like that. :)

7. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

If you need a very good case but don't need all the flashy stuff I'd say get a Chieftec. Their new BX series look very well made.

8. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

the number of fans and their sizes and placements is the single most important thing to me when choosing a case. 92mm or 120mm exhaust openings are awesome. or at least two 80mm's.

9. Bronx Bomber

Bronx Bomber Guest

or you could just buy some really crappy case and leave the sides off. then just get a large fan and blow air through it.

10. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

One 120mm hole acctually has more area than two 80mm's. So yes, 120mm is preferred if available.