The Official “New To This Community” Thread

Re: My personal thanks to OSNN and the people here.

Start whore'in up the threads.

helooooooo...im new to this forum...and i know i will be havin lots of laughter here.. :)

cupcake20 said:
helooooooo...im new to this forum...and i know i will be havin lots of laughter here.. :)
Welcome Sir/Madam :)

Me introducin myself

Hey a good buddy of mine told me if i had ANY trouble with my computer or stuff i could ask for help here? lots of stuff here...wow....*stares around room* i mean board......i mean page...i mean..oh nvm well good to be here

Re: Me introducin myself

Welcome, hello, hi, benos dias, etc... :D

Hello, Matt and everyone!

Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part OSNN Forum forums now!
Following the advice of the automatic message that I just received after joining OSNN.net, I want to take a moment to say hello and to introduce myself.

I am very happy to be a new member of this on-line community and I hope to contribute, as well as to learn.

Regarding the operating systems that I currently use, I am running Windows XP Professional, Mac OS X 10.4 ("Tiger"), and SuSE Linux Professional 8.3.

I have decided that it is time for me to upgrade my version of SuSE Linux, and I am awaiting my copy of SuSE Linux 10.1. I started using Linux in the fall of 2002, although I still consider myself very much a neophyte (i.e., a "newbie"). :)

I have always used SuSE Linux, but I plan to try other distributions as well. (My local computer shop recently gave me free CDs for the latest version of Ubuntu Linux, one set for Intel-based systems and another for G4 and G5 Macintosh hardware.)

I have rebuilt my Intel-based PC three times, which allows me to install precisely the hardware that I want and to configure all aspects of the system. I am no hardware expert, but I do read documentation, do research, and benefit from the kind advice of others. My current self-built system has a 2.0-GHz Pentium-4 processor and 1 GB of RAM.

Regarding Windows, I will be getting a free copy of the corporate edition of Windows Vista, whenever it is released.

I recently purchased two used, identical 3.0-GHz Pentium-4 Dell Dimension systems from a colleague. I customized and gave one system to my sister for her medical transcription work, and I am currently working on the other system, which I am keeping.

Because of Vista's hardware requirements, I have about decided to use the 3.0-GHz Dell machine for Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista, dual-booting. The Dell is the faster of my two Intel-based computers and has a fast AGP video card, so it seems the logical machine on which to run Vista.

I am going to convert my 2.0-GHz Pentium 4 system to a Linux-only computer. (Currently, I am dual-booting Windows XP Pro and SuSE Linux on it.) I have a KVM switch to allow these two computers to share a keyboard, monitor, and mouse, and will be getting a switch box to allow them to share a parallel HP laser printer.

Regarding my Power Mac G4 tower, Tiger runs well on it (never has crashed). Eventually, I hope to be able to afford to purchase an Intel-based Macintosh, but I will wait until the desktop models come out and there is ample third-party software for Intel Macs.

I have many other interests besides computers, and these interests are quite eclectic. I enjoy classical music, some Russian popular music, reading, hand-coding Web sites, volunteering for educational and nonprofit organizations, and several other activities (but this message is too long already).

Hello, again, and thank you for your time -- and patience. :nervous:

Cordially,

David
--
<http://ddickerson.igc.org/>

Welcome to OSNN.

I am sure you mean Vista Ultimate :)
Ultimate will have basically everything throwin in there.

Good day, David. Welcome to OSNN.

Has to be the longest first post I've ever seen :eek:

Welkomen!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back