The Nightmare that has become XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Amergin, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Amergin

Amergin Guest

Ok i need some help.
    Over the last few weeks Xp has become a nightmare and i am not sure what to do. I have reformatted my Hard drive twice trying to slove all the problems.
    Problem 1.
    I boot up the os and get a lovely blue screen with BAD_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INFO. I am using windows xp home upgrade. SO i have to reboot. and as it reboots. on the slapsh screen teh computer decided to rebbot istself and i get an error.

Second error i get is every time i reboot or boot up i have to reinstall my display adapter. To get any thing better then 800 x 600 at 4 bit.

Can someone please help me? I am about to go nuts with this

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

For problem one my suggestion is getting your latest bios update flashed in and/or clear your cmos if you've dabbled in the black arts of bios tweaking and minimize your trips into that realm.

For problem two, make sure you have the latest XP drivers for your Video Adapter.

3. Amergin

Amergin Guest

Lonman,

I will try the bios flash.
    As for the vidoe adapter i have drivers from my card maker and the new ones from nvidia and i still have the problem. I will try to flash my bios and see what happens. Hopefully it will work.

4. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

What kind of video card is it?

JJB6486

5. Amergin

Amergin Guest

The video card is a EVGA Genforce2 Mx 200.. Nothing fancy. It was not so terrible expensive. I had no problems until now with it.