The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

me too jewelzz, i couldnt see pics posted by speedy

themafia_69 said:
me too jewelzz, i couldnt see pics posted by speedy
That's because your ISP is blocking Imageshack... or something is.

If Jewelzz' ISP (or set-up) was blocking images from OSNN, the entire forum would be image-less.

edit: looking at the screenshots it does actually appear there aren't any images where they're supposed to be. Does this happen in other browsers too ?

no, its not working, not my isp, cuz if it was my isp i would see a broken image icon, i cant see that even, works in internet explorer i just tried it, but not in ff, hmm weird

IE is the only other browswer I have *shudder* . All images work in IE

[edit] Quick install of KMeleon and all images are working with this as well [/edit]

yup yup its blocked, øøøø saudi internet its soo stupid

Hmmm, figured out what the problem was but don't know how it happened as I haven't changed any settings.

OSNN images were blocked in FF *shrug*

BUT ... all my bookmarks are gone :cry:

Could of been an accidental click. If I remember right, there's an item in the right-click context menu which allows per-domain image blocking.

As for the bookmarks, have you tried to completely close Fx and re-open? May be that it's using a new/incorrect profile at the moment.

I did close it down and they still weren't there. I did however find them in my profile still and just imported again.

Strange happenings with my PC lately :blink:

scan for virus or trojan

trojan man...

Or maybe Browser has crash a couple of times and is corrupted? Reinstall Firefox maybe?

Alright ridiculously simple TBird query - pardon me if Google should have befriended me here!

ANYWAY - I like to have the TODAY, YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK etc dividers on my inbox to help sort stuff.... but although it is sometimes there and I know there is a simple shortcut to turn it off and on I do NOT KNOW wat that shortcut is and cannot find the option! Drives me nuts - because every so often I mistype or misfocus a window whilst emailing and it comes and/or goes! Hope someone knows this one here - reps for the one that does.... ;)

[EDIT] found this but where's theone I want?!! :eek: [/EDIT]

ok had a hell day yesterday and today with my FF and with my internet in general...so I got everything running right but the settings for tabbed browsing don't work anymore. I have the same options I had checked before but they won't work. I really don't want to install TBE or TBP because in the past for me they seem to have caused more problems than they solve and since they added the options directly into FF I've never needed them. Don't know what's up but if anyone has had this problem before please let me know!

Mainframeguy said:
Alright ridiculously simple TBird query - pardon me if Google should have befriended me here!

ANYWAY - I like to have the TODAY, YESTERDAY, LAST WEEK etc dividers on my inbox to help sort stuff.... but although it is sometimes there and I know there is a simple shortcut to turn it off and on I do NOT KNOW wat that shortcut is and cannot find the option! Drives me nuts - because every so often I mistype or misfocus a window whilst emailing and it comes and/or goes! Hope someone knows this one here - reps for the one that does.... ;)

Is it one of these?

Last edited:
Mainframeguy said:

Go to View then Sort by and then click Grouped By Sort. Is this what you are looking for?

Just a heads up to any of you Mozilla Suite users 1.8b1 just hit the FTP in the past hour. :classic: ChangeLog

funky dredd said:
Go to View then Sort by and then click Grouped By Sort. Is this what you are looking for?

Hmmmm, I wonder if he fixed it?

I have a problem with Thunderbird 1.0

I installed a new HDD in one of my daughter's computers (two of them share it). Installed XP and SP2, Installed Firefox and then ZoneAlarm and AVG antivirus. I then installed Thunderbird, now this was all done through my admin account. I did not start T-bird nor config an account through the admin. I logged off and then logged on as each of them and started T-bird. I did the whole pop e-mail setup and the settings for POP and SMTP and their account names. Now this is through SBC/Pacbell. Anyway I hit get messages and get an error message as to sever blah blah blah... (sorry I don't remember what it said) AVG trys to connect so as to scan the incoming e-mails but no connection to the mail server. If it were an account setting that I screwed up on it would at least ask for their account password, but it don't.

Now when I get home tonight I will post what the error message says. But I was thinking, maybe I should uninstall T-bird and then install through each of their log ons. In other words log on as one of them instead of admin and then install T-Bird and see if it works then.

I replaced the HDD because I think that the old one was gettin flakey. But before I pulled it I had reloaded XP (reformatted partition and clean install) I then think I installed T-bird through each of their XP accounts and all went well... well once I found that I had miss-spelled their e-mail account names (both of them :mad: :p).

Any help is errrrrrrr, helpful. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back