The Microwave Boom

Will it work?

• Total voters

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political Access
Two Idiots I work with were having a pointless discussion on whether or not you put a can of spray paint in a completely sealed microwave and turn it on, that in like 30 minutes of the microwave being on it would blow up... I said i'd try it for them and i will... When i have the time...
DO you guys think it will work?
I have no idea...

My theory is that after a long enough time, the plastic cover will melt leaving the can spraying out the airosol... Since the can is metal it will spark and since the microwave is closed tight it will explode not so much in a fiery death type boom but a pressure popping boom...
I think i'll stand back when i try it...

It would definately Blow up.
Be VERY CAREFUL if you try it. Don't do it to a good microwave.

Nah i got a crappy old radiation emitting microwave that i'll use...
I also have an open field and 100 feet of extension cord, in case of shrapnel :)

That is like you...
You crazy New Englander!
Oh wait im a crazy new englander, we aint got no fancy microwaves wheres i come from

Hey Ejn Why you know think it won't work...
Of course when i do it, i'll tell you guys the results but i think it'll work... Ok maybe ill have to add a Catylist like a weakened cap or a cd that sparks a **** load but i think it'll work...

Vanquished - Please use the edit button, it's there for a reason.

Dude...
I did it once, chill out... I've posted enough times to know the ropes... In my entire posting history here i have probably double posted 3 times... This one included...

EDIT: Sorry for being all pissy, im just tired i gues...

enough heat + aerosol can = explosion
aerosol can + open flame = exploding fireball

Though I don't know if the metal can would short out the microwave before the can got hot enough to go boom.

kcnychief said:
Vanquished - Please use the edit button, it's there for a reason.
Bit of ironic advice isn't it?. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd be extremely careful trying anything like this, but let us know how it goes if you do :D

oh, and take pics :p

Still have your damaged equipment pictures Speedy? Is that site still there?

I'll take a video of it i guess... then ill just like take stills from it... Or ill use a digital camera... lol

my opinion

the can will arc, the contents will become excited, the can will explode

however, I don't know much about microwaves and the the metal might cheild the contents from them.

I would get an old miicrowave with an electronic timer so you can turn the timer with the thing unplugged

get as long an extension cord as possible, set up teg video behind plexiglass

bing, will wait for video

Last edited:
Vanquished said:
Hey Ejn Why you know think it won't work...
Of course when i do it, i'll tell you guys the results but i think it'll work... Ok maybe ill have to add a Catylist like a weakened cap or a cd that sparks a **** load but i think it'll work...

If your going to do it the way you described it may be safe

If you do this, don't stand anywhere within a 50ft radius of the microwave or make sure to put a solid wall capable of stopping projectiles between you and the microwave cuz sometimes only the bottom of the can will blow off and the rest of the can will become a fast moving projectile with potentially deadly force.

If somebody does it and doesnt have a quality video, they will get banned!

Interesting...
Cool site, I still firmly believe that it will work...
Im still waiting for a time to do it thought, The town of dover is a very small town, and even though i have a lot of land, i also have bad neighbors.... I'll try to get it done soon, but the most practical time would be in the summer when everyone is at their summer houses :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back