The joys of a cable connection!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by UofEEE, Aug 26, 2002.

1. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest

Dude, I just got a new cable connection here at school, it's so freakin fast. I was on dial-up at home running at 26.4. The cool thing is, it's faster than the university's connection. Sorry, I'm excited about this one. Considering I'm only paying like 10 bucks a month for it. We're sharing it 3 other people

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

good to hear. i've had cable for like 3 years now and it's 1500/128. pretty happy with it. what's yours?

3. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest

I'll have to ask...I'm just paying for it!

4. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

what isp are u usin taurus?
    im on roadrunner for past 3 yrs and have seen speed drop consistently....or maybe im just used to it already:)

dunno actual rated speed on mine but on dslreports i get bout 2megabits/s and 256 upload

5. shoulin

shoulin OSNN Addict

hehe check your upload speed, att gave us a 256upload cap here in elk grove for the last about 2 months :)

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

it's comcast/att (whoever owns it nowadays, i'm tired of keeping track) cable, bastid... we pay $40/mo but that's only if you have their cable tv service, too... otherwise it's like $50 or sum'm.

yeah shoulin, forgot about our new, improved upload. i didn't really count it cuz i guess i'm assuming it's just a phase. i got so used to 128 that this 256 just seems to good to be true. }:D

7. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

I started out in May with Cable, speeds were 3000kb/s down, 360 up. Since then my ISP(Rogers/ATT) has cut my speeds in half, along with almost everyone else, to save in costs. Also there are rumours going around that they will be implementing usage caps, like 5G/mnth in bandwidth usage. Anything over that, you get charged extra.

8. Waldo

Waldo Guest

Just got Mediacom cable access after a year of 48kbit dialup, it's a dream.

9. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest

I'm getting 250k download average and 4 people are sharing it...

10. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

i dont know when i got mine but it was also really flipping fast and now it seems like Slooooooooooooooow.