The beaters of HL2

mattcole99 said:
Seems to be people here who have finished HL2 - you may be able to help! I'm stuck on Follow Freeman. It's where Barney asks you to lob a couple of grenades to dispose of the snipers. I've killed everything I can find and he just sits there motionless. I have tried starting the level from the beginning as I thought the game itself was malfunctioning, but it made no difference. I can't find anyone shooting at all - I've killed all the snipers I can see. Am I missing something?

try walking near him...either that will trigger it or hit e/use on him

Man Payne 2 was a darn good game, had quite a bit of replay for a shooter on single player; I found it interesting playing through and actually earning the difficulties to get the extra story lines. For me things like that really help with replay, secrets that need to be earned, its one of the things that made Golden Eye so amazing, along with solid multiplayer action!

I found the ending for Halflife 2 to be pretty weak, and I was very disappointed when the credits started to roll by. No other dimensions, no fighting alien baddies, nothing...

Another thing I really missed from the old Halflife were the big bad boss mofos. You know what I’m talking about, those bosses that were so friggin huge, you could't hurt em and all you could do was run like a bat out of hell to get your objectives done, that is something I really loved about the first Halflife.

Overall though, Halflife 2 was truly amazing and there was more than one occasion where I just had to sit back and say WOW. From the environments, to the models, physics, and amazing animation, this game will set the standard for video games to come.

One of the things that really impressed me was the interaction of the characters with their environment. It really got me thinking about the future of motion pictures and their integration into the video gaming industry; who knows, maybe one day we’ll all be sitting in the cinema with a wireless controller in our hands all going to town in one giant interactive movie.

Just something to think about for those fellows who have completed the game also...

Don't you think Freeman takes some risks that really a guy wouldn't, like jumping in those people carriers in the citadel. It seemed a weak way to move the story along myself, offerd some great views though.

Damn cool game... it did indeed feel short and took me about a day and a half to finish, but looking back I did hammer the game and there was lots to see that I will have to go back thru and check out, you are supposed to take your time with games like this and be part of the story, but I kinda rushed it :)

Vampire is crap.
Looking forward to Half-life 3, although I feel we are not done with Half-life 2 yet, there is more to come... <zip> :p

woot. just bought HL2 from PCW for £29.99 (£26.99 after dicount) :)
Can't play it til I've finished all my assignments though. :(

I am at the level after east black mesa. I am taking my time though.

I have found about 10 cool things, woulda missed them going fast.

CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT
The best one so far.

In the last of teh water works, in teh area where you have to take out the helecopter. Open the gate and go to the east, there are two drainage tunnels, one gate is slightly open. If you get a barrel or ues you prop boat you can get in. Walk through the radioactive sludge in the tunnel and almost at the end you can turn to your left. Talk to him and see whats on the fire mmmmmmm. You also get health and ammo.

Or.

Grab a board with the gravity gun and angle it up aginst the wall, if you do it right you can run up the board and jump to ledges before it falls.

Or..

Use the gravity gun to pick up the saw blades and chop up you victims by firing it.

Or...

In the three room water trap, where you have to raise the water level to escape. There is a duct in the first room you can reach by climbing a ladder. Grab a barrel and take it to the far end of the room where there is a vent, put the barrel on teh duct and jump on top and duck. Staying ducked down and jumping forward you can climb through the vent and get life and ammo. There is also a room above, I don't know how to get into it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back