Text Size (iMac 10.1.5 & XP)

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by S1RE, Nov 27, 2002.

1. S1RE

S1RE Guest

Im currently at school on a new iMac 10.1.5 surfing Xp-erience.org and under "View>Text Zoom>120%" increses all the text size making it much more legible.

At home I have XP Pro and under "View>Text Size>Largest" doesn't change the text size at all making it still hard to read.

My question is why?

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

The text on the front page isn't specified with font sizes, its done with px sizing, therefore IE won't make it any smaller/bigger.

3. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

If you have a scroll wheel mouse, hold down Ctrl and scroll down a notch or two. ;)

4. S1RE

S1RE Guest

xsivforce - yea I know about that - it doesn't help on the front page its the same as doing it through the menus.

5. xsivforce

I see what you're saying now. Yeah, as SpeedY_B said above it's done in px sizing.

6. S1RE

S1RE Guest

thats something waddy should change - make the px size bigger so we dont all have to squint or get closer to the screen exposing our eyes and body to more radiation, or opening up accessories for the magnifying glass.... lol

7. SPeedY_B

I think the text size is fine (1600x1200)
    I can read it with and without my glasses :happy:

Try using an alternative browser as its only IE that won't resize it, i've just tried with Mozilla and i can make it bigger and smaller as i wish :D

8. xsivforce

I am sure Opera would as well although I am too lazy to start it up right now. ;)

9. SPeedY_B

It does, most alternative browsers will use there page re-sizing methods correctly.
    IE is useless and just doesn't do anything properly *burns it* :happy: