TES: Oblivion

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ray_gillespie, May 26, 2005.

1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Has anyone else here seen the screenshots and trailer for this game? It looks phenomenal! I'm already a big fan of Morrowind, but this looks like another level altogether. Here are the links to the trailer if anyone is interested:

Super Hi-Res DivX (About 85MB this one)

Hi-Res Quicktime

Low-Res

Roll-on Christmas! :nervous:

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Aye, I need to have souped up my gfx subsytem by then to play this :D I dont think my 9800Pro will cut it somehow :p

3. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Yes I has. I am excited about it. Now that I've played World of Warcraft and many other RPGs, I may be able to get a grip on the complication that an Elder Scrolls game.

Maybe I'll give Morrowind another look to warm up.

4. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

i have to say i saw it on g4 this week at e3, and it didn't impress me much at all, infact non of the xbox games did, they all look as good as current pc titles with all the settings way up, which is great now, but considering the next gen consoles probably wont be out now until 2008 at earliest and more likely 09/10, thats a long ways from now.

Hopefully it was just the transition from video clip over tv network to my tv.

5. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Playing Elder Scrolls on a console is like playing Beethoven's Fifth Symphony on a ukelele. Unless the console has a keyboard and a mouse...

Download the super High Res! Patrick Stewart has the most commanding, resonating timbre to his voice. It fits the trailer so well.

Last edited: May 26, 2005
  6. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

As far as I know, the X-Box 360 will be out this year, but I see your point - these consoles are gonna be around for a few years and by next Christmas or the one after they are not going to look that good. Still, the graphics on Oblivion for the PC do look pretty stunning to me at the moment. Will need a whole new PC to run it though!

7. Mainer82

Mainer82 Binary

This game does look amazing... I think I will be getting this for the 360 though, I can play for hours on end and sit on my loveseat...