Temp. Internetfiles and XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Aros0, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Aros0

Aros0 Guest

Can anybody explain this...?:
    I have XP Home Edition installed and we are two users with identical settings. After an Internetsession I like to browse the cachefile. I can't see any files or miniatures if I'm logged in on my own account. It's just an indexfile. If I logg out from my account and log in on the other account, the files appear! and I can see thumbnails of all visited pages. The same for the other user. He can't see his own files, but he can see mine. How can
    I change the settings so I don't have to log out to see the files...?
  2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

You can set the temp folder from IE. Go to tools> internet options> temporary internet files 'settings' button> 'move folder' button. Try moving it for your account and see what you see.
  3. Aros0

Aros0 Guest

Tks. for fast reply.... I moved the files to a new map called Internetfiles. I can see all the files, but still no miniatures. If I try to open any of the files. eg a GIF or a JPG-file, IE opens and try to connect to Internet. Weird ... If I log out from my account and log in on another I can see all the files without problems. As miniatures... So it must be some system settings I can't figure out...