Task Bar Question ????

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DragonHeart, Jan 21, 2003.

1. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

Hi,

Can anyone tell me is thier anyway to stop a programme apprearing on the task bar when its running, as i have a problem at work and i need the pc to monitor whos using the pc, but when i load the monitoring programme it shows on the task bar ?? is thier anyway / or a programme i can use to hide this from the normal user soo they cant see this programme is running in the background ???

Any help would be greatful :)

Thx

2. if your going to monitor what someone is doing on a computer without their knowledge you should use a program that installs invisibly.
    alot of people nowadays are aware of monitoring software and chances are the person your monitoring will find the program your using anyway.

try STARR PC & Internet Monitor
    http://www.iopus.com/download.htm

3. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

I am pretty sure that “group policies” can achieve this or just about anything else concerning users or groups of users and what they can and can’t see or do. However this only works properly if your not using XP Home. As I’m not an expert on this being done remotely maybe some else can show you how or you will have to revert to using scripting.

:)

4. Burpster

Burpster Guest

whats the name of the program??

5. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

What programme?

6. dave i think he was asking the name of the program dragonheart is using

7. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

the programme i am using is just logitech quick cam motion detector, and just want it to not show up in the task bar some how :huh:

8. zalood

zalood OSNN Addict