Taking forever for webpage to come up.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by xk_2hot4u, Aug 12, 2003.

1. xk_2hot4u

xk_2hot4u Guest

Well, I went to dsl reports speed test to see if it was my isp, but its fine. Its taking at least 5-6 times as long for a webpage to come up. Any help would be appreciative.

Thanks for responses.
  2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Midlands, England
    isp having any known troubles?
  3. xk_2hot4u

xk_2hot4u Guest

Yes, there have been other problems.

One is when I boot up to my desktop, it takes at least 30-40 seconds before I can open any applications, such as IE. I can open my Start menu fine.

Another problem I've noticed is an inordinate amount of cant display pages and problem trying to go to a previous page on IE.

These problems are somewhat recent too, but the opening of webpages once I actually have IE open happened today.
  4. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Ice Crown Citadel
    How about some info like SPeedY_B said ... no info no help.
  5. walkabout

walkabout OSNN Renegade

Gold Coast, Australia
    taking forever for web pages to come up

I had a similar problem with slow loading and time outs etc., & all I could relate it to was the installation of recent updates from the windows update site. After consultation with M/soft tech's (free if you can relate the prob to a recent critical update) I did a system restore to a point in time prior to the installation of directx 9.0b and the new network TCP/IP stack and the problem went away.
    I've not as yet attempted to re-install either of these updates to see which of them may have been the culprit if any.
    Hope this helps :) walkabout.