Table bgs

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I am tryin to put an image inside a table cell as a background, but I want the image to take up the entire size of the cell and not be repeated. So I want the image to be resized according to the dimensions of the cell. Is this possible and how can I do it

I know you can stop the image being repeated by including this in a stylesheet...

TABLE
{
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
}

whether or not that helps you, I dont know... but at least you've stopped it repeating if nothing else :)

damn well that kinda helped, but I got one section in the table that I want to repeat and one section that I dont want to repeat

does this work?

<table>
<tr><td>
content that u want more than one background image on
</td></tr>
<tr><td class="wibble">
content that you want only one background image but stretched on
</td></tr>
</table>

(replace above with your table code - including the class="wibble")

change the stylesheet to this:

WIBBLE
{
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
}

i think that might work... been a while since i played with stylesheets so much

also, does this work?

background-width: 100%;
background-height: 100%;

not really sure - and i dont have an image to test it on.

that is perfect, thnx :)

I cant get the background-height 100%; to make the image take up the whole cell height, but I can resize images by hand for that, though if you think of anything then let me know. I think I am going to go digging through the net for CSS info.

thnx again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back