System Mechanic 4

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by tango1, May 16, 2006.

1. tango1

tango1 §Ð Clan Ad.ministrator

Hello everyone,
    I was wondering if any of you have used System Mechanic 4, Hot Utilities Software. I bought this sometime ago but never got around to using it. I think I may have gotten it from WorldStart! Any comments bad or good?
    Thanks

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Re: Sys Mech 4

I must say I really like that application a lot. Does a lot of good things. Some things are useless but thats what I always use.

3. tango1

Thanks for the feed back. Is there anything in particular that I should avoid doing or using in the program, I dont want to make things worse than when I started?

4. tango1

Wow, was just looking on the web at reviews for this product. Most people say run from this program , it tottally screwed up there computers, while a couple say that it is excellent. I checked half dozen different review sites and most were negative. It looks like it either works great or kills your computer, no center ground. I'm not sure if its worth the risk or not. Does anyone else have any stories about System Mechanic4?

5. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I used to use it, then I got crap cleaner. System mechanic mostly has things already in your pc integrated with it. I never really cared for it that much. I found it to be a resource lover and at times would crash. There were some features on it though ..

6. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

renamed Thread title

I have to agree, that this program should be avoided. There isn't really anything you can do with this program that you can't do within Windows, or with other freeware apps.

7. omg its nlm

Hmm I really liked it. Yeah there is a lot of things that windows can do instead of using it. Just takes less time. I used it for a junk cleaner, reg cleaner, and removing programs from starting up.

All my computers have never had any issues with it at all. People used this app a lot of times cause their computer is so messed up already they just give it not the greatest review.

8. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

crap cleaner does all that you listed there NLM and doesnt trash the pc in the process :)

9. omg its nlm

Thanks will have to take a look at that then. I did not know of any other apps out there that did all that. Either way I had no issues, but the people here are the pros.

10. EuroTrash

EuroTrash Coaster Live!

I used it for about 2 weeks then I started having issues. I liked what it did when it worked properly, but then I found CrapCleaner. No need for the Sys. Mechanic any longer. What's nice about CC is that it's not a full install program. You just open it when you need it.