sysprep screwup?

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by Heeter, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi all,

I have a winserver2003 that I am trying to convert to a vmware using vmware convertor. During the wizard it asked for my sysprep files.

I downloaded the sysprep, and installed it into my winserver2003, now, upon reboot, looks like it is reinstalling winserver2003 all over again.

Is this right? I stopped it cause I don't want to lose any info on those drives, it is my webserver.

How should I proceed?

Thanks

Heeter

2. Heeter

Well I dismantled my raid array, then I proceeded to continue the server install, added my key, and the windows server desktop came back. So looks like I am okay. It looks like it screwed up mysql, but I will wait to reboot once my raid array finishes rebuilding itself.

Heeter

3. Heeter

update:

Well, I finished rebuilding the raid array, and my problem which I thought was with mysql, was actually with my php instead. The session.saved temp folders somehow disappeared. But I created new ones within the php directory, and redirected the php.ini to them.

So now I finished creating a vmware folder using vmware convertor, and now I am in the process of loading it into my Linux/VMWare server.

Heeter