Symantec Releases Beta Version of Spyware Solution

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lee, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Symantec Releases Beta Version of Spyware Solution

Symantec Corp., a provider of security software solutions, yesterday released the public beta version of its 'Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2005 AntiSpyware Edition', which provides protection from spyware and adware.

According to the company, the beta version is being designed to provide real-time detection and automatic removal of spyware from users' computers and prevent new spyware risks from impacting the PC in the future. In addition to spyware protection, Symantec's NIS 2005 AntiSpyware Edition will continue to include intrusion prevention, firewall, privacy protection, virus protection, spam filtering, and content filtering features.

The security solution is being designed to support the Microsoft Windows 2000/XP operating systems along with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or above and is scheduled to be available from the second quarter of the year for an estimated retail price of US$79.95.

Read More & Source

2. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS.

Symantec does not produce competent spyware removal tools, they released a lot of different standalone removal tools, none of which actually work. I also know one person who paid $40 for support from Symantec, and they emailed them a list of free spyware removal tools. After complaining they did receive their money back, but that is besides the point. I know the author of one of the programs that was emailed to the user, here is the actual email:

Stay away from ALL Symantec products.

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

that goes in the hall of fame.../me gonna repeat this story!

4. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

Spybot
    Ad-Aware
    Cwshredder
    AVG
    Hijack-this
    LSPfix

Knoppix for a few.

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

lol thats just sad j79zlr did he/she try to sue?

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Well I use symantec NIS2005, I actually fixed a problem they could not fix, they didn't even give me credit so with respect to j79zlr post the user should milk em of some monies back.

Very bad on symantec's credibility, moved down a notch or 10.

7. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

They didn't have to sue, they called the number at the bottom of the email, and after a few days received a refund, but how many didn't even bother? Besides the fact that their products become worse with the day, now they are selling snake oil.

8. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

I still like my NSW 03'

It's nice for cleaning the registry and a few other things.

9. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

rep points for j79zlr.providing some fantastic reading

US$79.95 for this WOW! thats crazy

10. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Free download if you want to sign up here

A monster 33.5 MB!<== I have found out why this figure is monter sized, it also contains NIS2005 and NAV2005. :down:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This Beta is available for Windows 2000 and Windows XP only. This beta will expire on June 1st.[/font]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005