Symantec.Norton AntiVirusn Corporate Edition Server 7.61

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lilsnoop40, Jul 11, 2002.

1. lilsnoop40

lilsnoop40 Guest

hi, i just installed this on my pc. when i go to check my email it doesn't show it scanning the incoming or outgoing mail? how do i fix this. it gave me an option for mail exchange or lotus notes so i put a check in mail exchange. and i don't see it working? please help

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

The corporate version of Norton is not designed to work on home or SOHO PCs. It was designed for running on central servers with clients installed on the PCs. The goal for it is to initiate the service from the server and the PCs simply follow suit. Since it was made for a corporate enviroment, it does not scan from outlook that is not running on MS Exchange. You can try searching Symantic to see if they offer a work around.

3. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

we use NAV Corp here in our office and it works very well.. as for home you might want to give this one a try .

4. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Exactly what I said. NAV Corp is designed for corporate use. You could try things like the regular Norton, McAfee, Pc-cillin, or tons of others.

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Good info Reg.

6. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

Reg has got it, Server throws updates out to the clients aswell as initiating schedualed scans etc, I installed it on our network at work :D