Super WinPE

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ElementalDragon, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Hope this isn't against forum rules.......

Anybody here know of where one might be able to get the DVD version of Super WinPE? for those who don't know, it's a Windows Pre-Install environment... a Live CD if you prefer.

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Nope but now I know there is one :D

3. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Wow! Never knew they had such a thing on DVD/CD release. Thought all those winPE stuff were just mini projects people were working on.

Got any screen shots of what it looks like?

4. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Looks like Windows maybe? :p

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

Pictures & Info
    That's pretty much all i am able to find about the DVD version. i looked around a bunch of places and all i ever find are the CD versions

6. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Looks like everything about Windows to me... nothing about Pre-install environment.. haha
    I'm just thick!!! :p

7. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Bart PE is the same thing and is free. Just put everything together you want your enviroment to have then burn a DVD.
    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Just an idea.... :)

8. Kush

Kush High On Life!

i had winpe, but it didnt work for some reason, i only tryed it once on my laptop didnt work so i put it back in my cd case

9. dick471

dick471 OSNN Junior Addict

I have the DVD version of Super WinPE which is 1.3GB. But I don't remember where I got it, and don't know how I could get it to you. I got as an .iso from a friend.

10. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

whats the filename?

11. dick471

Super PE

FYI: I don't have the file name anymore since I extracted to my hard drive. I don't have it working as yet. The .iso was 1.3gb, but after I unzipped the entire iso, it was 6.1gb's. I've tried deleting everything I won't use and it still is 4.57gb> too big for a DVD. It has three version of Office, NT-W2K-W2KServer-XP-2003Server, and too much junk. I would look for a download file called "NTechDisk.iso". This one works just fine, and fits on a CD. You can always add to this.

12. Kush

Kush High On Life!

btw that means then the dvd is meant to be on a dual layer dvd if the image is over 4.57gb

13. yoyo

yoyo _________________

That file obviously isn't legal.

On a general note - you don't extract isos to burn them. It's a disk image so burn it as an image. Won't boot otherwise.

14. dick471

Yoyo; Sorry but I opened the .iso in IsoBuster, removed entrees to get it below 4.3GB, and IsoBuster remade a new .iso. This .iso burnt to a DVD IS bootable. As far as the file being legal, anyone can make this starting with Bart's PEBuilder and adding what they own for operating systems and programs with their own install keys.