Submit a Vista bug to Connect? Free Ultimate!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ming, Nov 17, 2006.

1. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Source: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4979

Think I might have put this in wrong section, please move (if appropriate).:nervous:

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Re: Free Windows Vista For Previous Beta Testers

Thread moved and title edited for clarity.

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

That would be nice, but I never found a bug to report :(

All the beta's were rock solid on my hardware...

5. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Got my email yesterday, hoping for Ultimate Edition.

6. Mecham

Mecham Vista bug finder

Yeah received mine today, very excited I’m still pinching myself because I still cannot believe they have done this. I am honoured and shocked because I did not think Billy Gates would reward us beta testers with a copy of Vista. One is completely gutted though, because the download link has been down for hours now.

Connect subscribers could you please check your download link for me to see if you are getting the same.

The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

It does not matter if I choose United States, Europe, Asia when I click on Download I get the same message all the time. Will try again later or maybe tomorrow.

I think the server are so busy I might have to wait until either around 02:00 or 05:00 to download because it looks as through all the invited people are downloading Vista and causing the server to only allow a certain amount of people to download. Or maybe I am talking complete and utter "cobs wallop..." Oh fudge. :cry:

The title is still a little misleading. It should say "MS complement Beta testers with a free copy of Vista"

Here is the reason why... I just found this on their Help and Support page via contact us. A little silly considering they should put this on the main page to warn everybody. :lick:

** Announcements **

File Downloads Currently Unavailable

November 17, 2006 (11:00 am Pacific Time):- At this time, file downloads are not working. This issue has been escalated to the operations team. We apologize for the inconvenience and we will post a notice as soon as the service has been restored.

It is unnecessary to report download failures at this time as we are aware of the problem and are actively working to resolve the issue. Thank you very much for your patience!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  7. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

WIsh I had submitted a bug now!

8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

You should have no problem getting it. The only "requirements" for an Ultimate key are that your computer should have a DVD drive, and a DVD decoder license (like WinDVD, PowerDVD etc.). Obviously, the latter is not an enforced prerequisite. :)

9. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

heh I have plenty of licensed dvd decoders, I must have had a copy of windvd with every mainboard and powerdvd with my last 3 LG burners :p

10. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

awesome ! I submitted one driver related bug (My Intel 2100 3B wireless adapter wasnt working) and I get a free copy :)

11. Brad

Brad Moderator Political User Folding Team

blast!

12. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Who wants to PM me with a bug :)

13. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I never get picked to test these things ... I am jealous ..