Style Xp........wont work

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by PiCTuREm3RolLin, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Yeh my prob is that.........i ran out of 30days trial for style xp, and i uninstalled the porgram and delted all the shuff from the reg, but now i cant even install the [program again, i get some invalled key error, what can i do, i have clean the reg with some prgram and still wont work, i cant stand this normal theme crap help..........

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I have also tried this when I got a helper error. The crux is that you cannot seem to remove all of the information that StyleXP writes to the Reg or where ever. If you email TGT-Soft then you can get a new weeklong key to make sure it works again. Then I would suggest buying it. It is a good prog and quite cheap as well.

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

The point is you can't remove all of it (or at least one bit) cause then you could just keep installing a trial copy, and that just wouldn't be fair

4. well.........how do i fix it,lets just say i wanna buy it, how can i even install it

5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

ask TGT-Soft

6. omgsoup

omgsoup OSNN Senior Addict

go to here and download uxtheme.exe, it works like a charm, and you don't need theme xp

7. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

contact TGT Soft...they might send you a patch to solve that...or give me your E-mail address to send it to you...it's 99K ( build 1.0)

8. i tried that, but i just get some error message tell me windows will be unstable, what else can i do

9. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

forget about it?,but i no how much the xp theme suck's,use the hacked uxtheme.dll

10. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

dont worry

Look all you need to do is replace the uxtheme.dll in both system32 folder and the dll cache that message is a crock first you go to system32 find the uxtheme.dll and rename is to uxtheme.bak , then place the new .dll in the system32 folder and a copy in the dll cache folder , reboot , go back to system32 and delete the uxtheme.bak and thats all you will be able to use all your cool themes without any trouble, to get the themes to work just double click on one of the msstyles that you want to load.

try it you will see