Stupid Laptop Monitor

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello.

My laptop monitor is f*cked. Well let me tell you the story. My laptop was sitting on a coach, and my friend picked it up and gave it to me. The screen was going crazy with colours. So I opened it (i do A LOT) lol, and re-plugged in the monitor connection to the laptop. Only, the screen looked as if turns on, because it turns on (bright black), but it gets no image. None what so ever. So I play around with the connection and the monitor goes really weird, like random colours are coming out of no where. Now im back to the bright black. What should I do? HELP! (A new laptop is not a option)

Thanks.

could be the reason it was sitting on the coach in a nice hot environment. thats why the manufacturers say do not leave it in temperatures of 50C

also could it be something to do with your friend picking up your laptop and giving it to you. hes either pulled an early april fools, or has meesed with settings:)

i would think that possibaly it is eaiter the heat that killed the LCD or that when he picled it up he might have applied too much presure on the screen it self or when you were fiddling around with it you might have pluged something in backwords
i would duble check the connections and then if you can get it fixed under warenty

by any means kill your friend he was the last person to touch it

By all means consider it done. J/K mods...

But its weird, the screen turns "on" but than instead of getting a picture it shows random colours. so for instance white could randomly appearing slowly on the screen, or sometimes while that happends it shows RGB (Red, Green, Blue) on random parts of the screen.

Which part is this isolated to do you suggest? LCD? LCD Connection? If this can not be fixed (by myself, I have no support what so ever) I am getting a new laptop for under $2000 CDN, something portable. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

LOL under 200, i hope you are not looking for one made int he last 4 years, i tryed looking for a cheap one with no luck so i lease to own for like 70$ a month of a new acer, but yea, i would think that it is the connecters.

and oh yea, check between the laptop and the cable too, not just the cable and the monitor

Here are some of the random images I get from my laptop.

ahhh i see what u mean i think that is most definately a loose cable from gfx card to screen

i had the same prob wit my desktop and i thought my vid card was snuffing it b4 my very eyes. after a min of ****ting my pants i checked all the connections. and found that the monitor cable had just popped out i plugged it back in and rebooted everything was aok:)

maybe it was the coach journey that shook it loose or the heat:)

worth a try m8

I tried that. No luck. My friend suggested that the cable between the monitor and the base of the unit is a bust. As you can see its a samsung, a korean laptop. I got it used from a friend of mine. It's problaly just gonna get the monitor removed, and gonna be used as a semi-desktop. I'm probaly going to get a Dell. But nevertheless I wouldn't mind fixing this myself if possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back