Strange Problem!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZipTriX, May 18, 2002.

1. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

After burning 2 CDs, my burning software doesn't detect my cd burner. I have blindwrite, nero and clonecd installed. I don't know what it is causing this. If I reboot everything is normal, but after burning 2 cds the problem happens again. Please help!

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

4. Serpentuk

Serpentuk Guest

it could be what happened to me a long time ago you have to many cd writer programs installed and they conflict with each other. But thats what solved my problem.

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Well I uninstalled them all. I reinstalled CloneCD, then rebooted. Next I installed Nero, and rebooted. I ran Nero ONCE, just to see if it detected my burner and it did. I did NOT burn a disc at this point. After 6 hrs, I ran Nero to burn a disc, and it did NOT detect my burner. What is going on???

6. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

I had a problem like that once. In my case it turned out to be a defect power lead from the power supply. Sometimes it would work sometimes it would not. I plugged another free lead into the CDRW and all was well. If you have a free connector it is worth a shot. Good Luck