Stop files downloading in Steam

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by lancer, Aug 23, 2006.

1. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

Is there anyway to stop custom files being downloaded to my computer when i log in to counterstrike source or day of defeat source, or really any valve/steam game for that matter.

The files i'm talking about are the sound affects etc.. that people make like the quake sound effects etc...

2. Flame

Flame OSNN One Post Wonder

whn connecting to servers right?...cl_allowdownload 0 and cl_allowupload 0...

3. lancer

where do i put that code?

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

i assume in the console

5. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

Dumb question, wouldnt that also stop the downloading of custom MAPS as well as the other files downloads??

I know if that was the case it isnt worth it...

Mike A!

6. lancer

well i've kinda solved the issue now anyway, i just downloaded all the custom maps i could find... no more downloading maps, but i just don't like having to download those dumb sounds people make.

7. Flame

Flame OSNN One Post Wonder

u can allways change that it's not permanent..u can allways set it back to cl_allowupload 1 that is the default...this just helps u when u're playing a map that u allready have and u don't want to download the server's sounds...
    if u don't have the map and want to play simply set cl_allowupload and cl_allowdownload back to 1