Steam sucks?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Vanquished, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Ok, lately i have been having a hell of a lot of problems with steam. You can see my system specs in my signature and steam is freezing so very much lately. I'll be playing a game and it will just freeze(most likely CSS). Anyways does anybody have any idea how to fix this or if i can even fix this?
    - Jack

2. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Maybe its not steam?

But if you are convinced try doing a complete reinstall of the steam platform.

3. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Select the Steam entry in add/remove programs then select change/remove. When the uninstaller window appears it will have an option to repair Steam so select that and it should fix whatever is wrong if the problem is indeed Steam.

4. XeoNoX

XeoNoX OSNN Senior Addict

I would think it would be more due to a hardware setting or drivers that are freezing you up, maybe even spyware.

5. scotty588

scotty588 OSNN Addict

6. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

I think scotty's answer seems to be the best. Not that you guys didnt give good answers but i have tried all the other ideas. Ill try your idea scotty, i'll get back to you guys when i do.
    - Jack

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Mine has been freezing alot recently, but thats more due to the friends beta.