StartUp Monitoring Apps???

sidefx

OSNN Addict
I currently use StartUp Control Panel by Mike Lin along with Spybot Search & Destroy's TeaTimer and Ad-Aware's Ad-Watch.

Which of these is best to use and is using all three at the same time more of an hassle than a problem or no?

Probably best to use just one if they all do the same thing. I just use msconfig.

msconfig here too, and a good idea to check all the start up folders and delete what you don't want starting at startup.

Well Startup control panel doesn't run live and monitor the startup keys/directories it just tells you what they are. I've found msconfig doesn't always show some things on it, so I use the SUCP addon also.

TeaTimer and Ad-Watch will do the same thing in relation to montioring the startup folders/keys. although it has been reported that they sometimes have diffferent results in detecting spy/ad ware.

So really the choice is yours, Spybot and ad-aware will monitor live the startup stuff whilst (i don't think) they let you change the current stuff thats already there. and SUCP is the oppoist

I use startup monitor by mike lin. This is exactly what it is used for

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back