StartUp Monitoring Apps???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sidefx, Aug 20, 2004.

1. sidefx

sidefx OSNN Addict

I currently use StartUp Control Panel by Mike Lin along with Spybot Search & Destroy's TeaTimer and Ad-Aware's Ad-Watch.

Which of these is best to use and is using all three at the same time more of an hassle than a problem or no?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Probably best to use just one if they all do the same thing. I just use msconfig.

3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

msconfig here too, and a good idea to check all the start up folders and delete what you don't want starting at startup.

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Well Startup control panel doesn't run live and monitor the startup keys/directories it just tells you what they are. I've found msconfig doesn't always show some things on it, so I use the SUCP addon also.

TeaTimer and Ad-Watch will do the same thing in relation to montioring the startup folders/keys. although it has been reported that they sometimes have diffferent results in detecting spy/ad ware.

So really the choice is yours, Spybot and ad-aware will monitor live the startup stuff whilst (i don't think) they let you change the current stuff thats already there. and SUCP is the oppoist

5. leedogg

leedogg Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!

I use startup monitor by mike lin. This is exactly what it is used for