start up

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
How can I make the command Chkdsk /c launch on start up
Thanks in advance

What you want to do is go to Start - Run and type:
chkdsk /c
Then reboot and checkdisk will run. Alternatively you can schedule it from within My Computer, but the command line option is easier (for me, anyway).

But are you sure it's the /c switch you want to run?

if you want to set up any program to start at the start up then use RegCleaner.It has this feature.

allan i have been doing it manually as you suggest - i was wondering if i could do it automatic?

Octopus - i use regcleaner but how can i make it preform Chkdsk ?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ControlSession Manager
Dword Value: AutoChkTimeOut
Set the value for a number between 1 & 10 (that's seconds to countdown).

Again, do you really want the chkdsk /c switch? Why would you run the /c switch?

BTW - the above will not run with the /c switch, it will just run autocheck.

To repair, you may still have to run chkdsk /r

The purpose of the /c switch is to tell checkdisk NOT to check cycles withing the folder structure. You really don't need checkdisk running at every start. All you need to do if you think you have a problem is go to start - run and type:

chkdsk c: /r

ENTER

Then reboot and let checkdisk run and repair any errors it finds (it will do that automatically - that's what the /r switch tells it to do). That's all - once should be enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back