Start menu view

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by dreamliner77, Mar 6, 2004.

1. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

I'm trying to customize my start menu. Here's the thing... I've got rid of most of the porgram folders and just have shortcuts to the actual .exe. No prob here, but now i still have a few folders (nero, avg, etc) that I want to keep as folders with the popout menu. Is there anyway to get these to sit alphabetically with the shortcuts?

PS. I have all my startup stuff in just one folder (all users). I am the only user on this box.

2. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

start > all programs > right click sort name?

3. dreamliner77

It will sort all the shortcuts (icons), but the folders get stuck at the top in their own list.

4. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Yeah I know what you're talking about... that's a tough one. Windows always wants to group the folders and shortcuts separately when you arrange them, even if you don't set it to arrange by type. The only thing that came to mind was making the folders shortcuts themselves, but then that wouldn't allow them to branch out when you hovered over them. Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

5. dreamliner77

eh, at least I tried. I've tried both ways. And neither really satisfies me.

6. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Just drag the folders up/down the menu where you want them. Works for me

7. dreamliner77

not here. They rearrange.

8. pSxMoD

pSxMoD OSNN Junior Addict

I don't believe that there is anyway to do that. I also know what you mean when you said that they automatically rearrange themselves after a reboot. I've tried to do that before, since I have tons of shortcuts in my Start menu that I wanted to clean up. I searched everywhere for a way to do it, but I couldn't find anything.

9. dreamliner77

Damn you Microsoft!!! Damn You!