Start Menu Question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Camasii, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Camasii

Camasii OSNN Junior Addict

Okay....

I've been trying to figure this out for a while and I just cant' find a way. it's probably really simple but oh well, I'm slow :)

see in this picture....

[​IMG]

it says 'Internet' in white and then the name of the program (internet explorer) in grey under it. Then, where you see Direct Connect, it says nothing. I tried adding a comment but to no avail. So what I want to do is for Direct Connect have "File Sharing" in white and then Direct Connect under it in the grey...

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated *wink wink* (sexual inuenddo..... oh yes)

-Tim

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I doubt it's possible, but someone might prove me wrong if you're lucky ;)
    The "Internet" and "Email" shortcuts in the Start Menu aren't regular shortcuts. Those are the only two that have the descriptions under them.

3. Camasii

Yep, I know.. bu tI want to :) that would be cool

4. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

the way i do it, is this:

uncheck the two boxes circled in the picture...

then "Pin" your internet and email to the start mail, like any other application.

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

That would only get rid of "Internet" and "Email." What he wants to do is add "File Sharing" to the DirectConnect shortcut, which is what I still think is not possible
    ;)

6. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

OH, okay...didn't read the question very thoroughly...this has been asked a lot...oh well, it's out for anyone who wants to know :)

7. Camasii

Yep :) I like having that there. I could make it all uniform with no labels but I want a label.. I think it would look nifty :) then I could prance around the house naked and proclaim myself a 1337est of h4x0rs!..... or something like that :)

8. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Good thing it (seemingly) can't be done then! :D