Spyware problem with DGCNDI.DLL in Windows ME

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
My spy sweeper finds this system file as malicous and I can't delete it because it is in use. Anybody have any suggestions.

I'm not sure what file it is, but if it is malicious and you can't stop it from running in the task manager, then I suggest that you boot into Safe Mode and delete it. Chances are it won't startup in Safe Mode, so you can manually delete it there or run spy sweeper.

wingman411 said:
It says it is in use by windows. OS is Windows ME

Yeah, I know. Like I said, the file probably won't be in use if you boot Windows into Safe Mode. Then you should be able to delete it.

I ended up using a win98 boot disk and deleted the file manually from DOS. It worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back