Spybot ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Leo, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Leo

Leo OSNN Addict

Im a current user of Adware but just for a change, I've decided to use Spybot search a destroy. For some reason,it found all these stuff that i have no clue where to begin.
    Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.
    Here a screenshot:
  2. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Fort Worth, TX
    Be very very careful spybot will remove tons of stuff you need! I tried it and it was too scary. And I know what most of the stuff was. The new adaware is what I'm using, again.
  3. Leo

Leo OSNN Addict

Yeah, I still use Adware(New version and build). Spybot did find some new stuff though(besides the stuff i need) like a couple dialers and Alexa. I only removed those but i have no clue what to do with the rest.
    Thanks for the reply!
  4. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

They are mainly just a collection of "Most Recenty Used" (MRUs) entrys, they are not a specific threat to your privacy but some users like to remove such things.

You may want to check out MRU Blaster by JavaCool. You can find it on www.wilderssecurity.net/mrublaster.html

Backup and remove the items highlighted in red and see if it causes any problems. If not you can leave them out :)
  5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    if its in red, delete it. if it aint red, look 1st and if its a log file its safe to delete, ie.. removing pr0n links from media player... not that i ever look at pr0n...:confused:
  6. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

new york
    gonna dissagree gonzo

the history is in red, and I use my history all the time

his auto complete is something I use often also.

I don't use animation shop, but my guess is recent images and recent work are usefull folders as well

so just read the evtry, and decide from what it is, whether or not to delete it