Splinter Cell query

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by hulabaloon, Feb 20, 2003.

1. hulabaloon

hulabaloon Guest

I've read that splinter cell supports the folloing Garphic Cards:
    - Nvidia GeForce2 Ti/Ultra/Pro/GTS/MX400/MX
    - Nvidia GeForce3 family
    - Nvidia GeForce4 family
    - Matrox Parhelia
    - ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9500/9700

How do I find out what Graphic Card my computer has? (Its a Dell dimension 4500)

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

1-go to ALL PROGRAMS
    2-ACCESSORIES
    3-SYSTEM TOOLS
    4-SYSTEM INFORMATION.
    now click on COMPONENETS and choose DISPLAY.

3. hulabaloon

hulabaloon Guest

will a '16mb ATI Rage 128 Ultra' work with splinter cell? I am bit worried 'cos the demo wouldn't work, does the game support a wider range of graphic cards?

Most other new games do work with my system - Mafia, AOM, etc

4. RaWShadow

RaWShadow Guest

That Graphics card is very slow and old. You should consider upgrading it if you like playing games. You can download the Demo of splinter cell and try that. But i dont see how its going to run smoothly on that terrible graphics card.

5. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

I doubt it will run with your 3D card.The game runs slwoly with my geforce 2 MX400,go to the game options and set everything to low it might work.

6. hulabaloon

hulabaloon Guest

Can anyone recommend a graphics card I could get? are there any good ones for under £50? Is a "Gainward Nvidia Geforce 4 MX420 64MB AGP " any good? Its £49.99

7. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

for your price range you are not really going to be getting an upgrade... maybe a little speed bump over your current baby...

sure games will be faster and you can play @ higher res as well... but if you are gaming you should be looking @ slightly higher end cards... such as the radeon 8500 series/gf4ti4200/radeon 9500 PRO...

I have listed in order of price as found over here in the US... and I think the pricing should be consistent over in the UK as well...

8. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

I will get the PS2 version not the pc one.It will be more stable and the graphics are much better besides this there will be more levels.:)

9. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Xbox is the daddy :p PS2 will never beat those graphics :D

Skazz

10. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

um :)

my pc shows better graphics and I prefer my keyboard/mouse combo option over that of the xbox version...

that being said I am rather impressed with the xbox's rendering of splinter cell... wow... :)

but it will never displace Halo as my no.1 xbox game...

11. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

it's the same I haven't noticed any differences( I watched it on the tv),GC gives better polygons that those two.

12. neo

neo Guest

I want to make a clone copy of sp3 the third cd. So I don't keep scraching it. I tryed with roxio easy 5.something it's say it done in 10 seconds and nothing is writien in cd. Help Plz. Thank in adwance

13. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Erm I think this thread was about splinter cell, you may wanna make your own thread neo :D

Skazz:cool: