Splinter cell lighting effects

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Doom, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Doom

Doom OSNN Senior Addict

What does everyone think of the lighting effects in splinter cell on the pc? I think they are a little mucked up.

2. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

must be an issue with your computer because they look wounderful to me.

3. rettahc

rettahc Guest

No problems here. What do you mean by mucked up anyways?

4. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

Are you talking about the demo? Because they are a bit messed up in that (eg. light from computer monitors seen through body), but I haven't played the full version so I can't comment on that.

5. toxicity

toxicity Guest

demo and the full are fine for me

6. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

the demo sucked when it cmae to lighting. but full was good! b/c it had settings and options

7. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

there are no problems per se with the lighting... there is an issue with saturation when it comes to AA and FSAA AFAIk... but I have not seen it in either the demo or the full version..

personally I have only ever had 1 problem.. and that was fxed with the patch 1.1 released... game crashing to desktop when I entered a vent... :( but its all fixed and I have since finished the game a few times...

the game makes excellent use of dynamic lighting and you can really tell how cool this is by playing maxed out @1600x1200 or by playing with high levels of AA and/or FSAA... the game looks just stunning... :)

8. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

the lightning effects is 2 thumbs up.. saw my freind play the other day on a gfTi 4600

9. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

the demo runs like an arabic horse with ATI 9700 pro in some areas I get low FPS I think 20 fps