Splinter Cell Error Help!!!!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by HoBoAzN, Mar 8, 2003.

1. HoBoAzN

HoBoAzN Guest

Ok I have Splinter cell. I updated 1.1 on it and everything. I have a Radeon 9000 Pro with a 2000+ processor. It should work and I have surpassed the minimum requirements. And when i try to play the game this error shows up:

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngin

PLZ HELP E-mail me at Yankee5743@hotmail.com
  2. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

i got that error. i upgraded my video card driver to a 41.xx or something and it then it stopped.
  3. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

This game is very buggy - and also very GFX card intensive. Make sure that you have the latest Catalyst drivers (3.1 i believe), 41.xx wont help cause there for NVidia based cards. ;)

These may help a lot - otherwise check out the official forums for the game here to see if anyone else has the problem.

If i have an issue for a game the official forum for it it usually the first place i go.

Good luck.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    patch 1.1 fixed all the bugs for me... and intensive.. well it may depend somewhat on your card... not your cpu :)

currently I play it max res and LOD... and extremely playable fps... no glitching or lag or anything... and my cpu is not exactly top of the line...