Splinter Cell Error Help!!!!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by HoBoAzN, Mar 8, 2003.

1. HoBoAzN

HoBoAzN Guest

Ok I have Splinter cell. I updated 1.1 on it and everything. I have a Radeon 9000 Pro with a 2000+ processor. It should work and I have surpassed the minimum requirements. And when i try to play the game this error shows up:

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngin

PLZ HELP E-mail me at Yankee5743@hotmail.com

2. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

i got that error. i upgraded my video card driver to a 41.xx or something and it then it stopped.

3. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

This game is very buggy - and also very GFX card intensive. Make sure that you have the latest Catalyst drivers (3.1 i believe), 41.xx wont help cause there for NVidia based cards. ;)

These may help a lot - otherwise check out the official forums for the game here to see if anyone else has the problem.

If i have an issue for a game the official forum for it it usually the first place i go.

Good luck.

;)

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

patch 1.1 fixed all the bugs for me... and intensive.. well it may depend somewhat on your card... not your cpu :)

currently I play it max res and LOD... and extremely playable fps... no glitching or lag or anything... and my cpu is not exactly top of the line...