Speed up a 56K

• Thread starter Daviesbad04
  • Start date
D

Daviesbad04

Well im not sure if this is much of a tweak and if till work for every1 and every connection, but ive tried it on my system and on a ADSL and 56K connection and its worked.

Its very simple, go into the properties for your ISP connection, and uninstall the QOS packet service, do it while your offline tho.

On my 56K it increased download speeds by 1.5-2K's a second, and on my ADSL it increased it by 10-18K's a second. Im not sayin itll work for everyone or that it wont mess up your system, but if ya know what your doing try it, just do a system restore just in case!:)

If ya notice any changes let me know.......

Yes it's a nice tweak, but it has been discussed here in the forums at least 50 times.

not flaming you, just informing ;)

:cool:

Originally posted by xsk8zerox
and for the 50th time it is just a myth

Well excuse me for not seeing that it had been talked about before!:p

And for me it isnt a myth, it actually worked, of course its different with everyones system!:)

Originally posted by Daviesbad04

And for me it isnt a myth, it actually worked, of course its different with everyones system!:)

No.. trust me.. its a myth... its been proven to have no affect on bandwidth and if you read about it on the microsoft site it will tell you that the bandwidth is only used when a QoS stream is started and then the bandwidth is released after the stream is over.

Also QoS will not work unless you are running a QoS aware app along with QoS aware routers switchs and nodes

Originally posted by xsk8zerox

No.. trust me.. its a myth... its been proven to have no affect on bandwidth and if you read about it on the microsoft site it will tell you that the bandwidth is only used when a QoS stream is started and then the bandwidth is released after the stream is over.

Also QoS will not work unless you are running a QoS aware app along with QoS aware routers switchs and nodes

psh, like i understood that:rolleyes: :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back