Speed up a 56K

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Daviesbad04, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Daviesbad04

Daviesbad04 Guest

Well im not sure if this is much of a tweak and if till work for every1 and every connection, but ive tried it on my system and on a ADSL and 56K connection and its worked.

Its very simple, go into the properties for your ISP connection, and uninstall the QOS packet service, do it while your offline tho.

On my 56K it increased download speeds by 1.5-2K's a second, and on my ADSL it increased it by 10-18K's a second. Im not sayin itll work for everyone or that it wont mess up your system, but if ya know what your doing try it, just do a system restore just in case!:)

If ya notice any changes let me know.......

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Yes it's a nice tweak, but it has been discussed here in the forums at least 50 times.

not flaming you, just informing ;)

:cool:

3. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

and for the 50th time it is just a myth

4. Daviesbad04

Daviesbad04 Guest

Well excuse me for not seeing that it had been talked about before!:p

And for me it isnt a myth, it actually worked, of course its different with everyones system!:)

5. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

No.. trust me.. its a myth... its been proven to have no affect on bandwidth and if you read about it on the microsoft site it will tell you that the bandwidth is only used when a QoS stream is started and then the bandwidth is released after the stream is over.

Also QoS will not work unless you are running a QoS aware app along with QoS aware routers switchs and nodes

6. Daviesbad04

Daviesbad04 Guest

psh, like i understood that:rolleyes: :p