Sp 1

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkychan, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

It could be a dumb question...is it worth to install SP1 ? I've installed it once but it set my PC to go a little weird ( the vid card not working properly, and my pc tends to slog a bit etc etc ) but really worth to install it again ? Cause I can't have my USB 2.0 to work.Thanks

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I'd go ahead and install it. Your problems sound pretty unique...SP1 has been out a while, and most people use it with no problem. When I first installed it, I had a few problems like you're having, but it seems they've disappeared.

Consider making a Windows XP CD with SP1 slipstreamed in. They have an easy-to-use tool at FlexBeta.net, or you can find tutorials on how to do it manually.

3. Elroy Jetson

Elroy Jetson Little Dipper School

with all the security updates and usb2 support, really worth the while. no problems to report here.

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

you should just for security reasons ... after you do it maybe check your mobo makers site for usb 2.0 drivers?

5. punkandacoke

punkandacoke eat me

Security...Sp1 supposedly patched obvious and well exploited holes, that have gone patchless otherwise.

6. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

Thanks guys..I think I'd go ahead and install it

7. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

I can't update driver unless I install SP1.I'd do it anyway...thanks
    ++Another question., I've got an XP Pro CD with SP1 ., could I just install and overwrite the existing one w/out losing my datas I mean, upgrade installation ??

8. devynal

devynal The Idiot Circus Boy

It'd be easier to just use Windows Update, Punky, and a lot less time consuming. :)

9. XpGuy1

XpGuy1 Mindless Poster

I agree with Devynal... the update seems the easier route to go IMO