SoundStorm vs Audigy 2 Platinum

S

silky62678

How good is the Asus A7N8X soundstorm vs the soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum ?

well i can say that im pretty impressed with my audigy 2 INTERNAL card has good features and stuff the sound quality is excellent...
but the software is bloated and the drivers are just sodding about all the time... but its creative theyve never been good with drivers...but theyre improving:)

this is a review from tom's hardware on sound cards:
http://www.tomshardware.com/game/20030405/index.html

it focuses on performance that it affects in games. nvidia's offering does really well in performance, but as I read in another article, the sound quality is comparative to the Sound Blaster Live!. If you have really good speakers, you would appreciate the Audigy2 more, but if you don't, you probably couldn't tell the difference in quality.

I have been using the top of the range creative cards eversince the AWE32 :D basically i have not been able to fault them i currently own a audigy 2 plat and its a fantastic pice of kit and i have had no problems at all with the drivers out the box and the newer ones off the net. Basically all major games will always support the latest creative standards such as EAX 3 etc. But it comes down to what you WANT TO DO. The creative card is only worth it if you wish to do more than simply play games and listern to the odd mp3, but if your like me and you watch a lot of movies, listern to alot of sound and do mixing/ sound editing you will love this card.

(as other have said though is no good have great signal to noise ratios etc if you have naff speakers!):cool:

I've got an Audigy (took a while to sort things out, with no help from Creative), but for many, Creative sound cards/software continue to cause many problems. Their UK forum has post after post of people moaning. I for one am very tired of Creative's arrogant attitude, and will not spend any of my hard earned cash with them again.

its so hard to compare them.. nobody seems to have heard both of them... bummer.

I do pro audio for a living and using an Audigy 2 card (platnium) for the past 2 months. Prior to that I was using a 5.1 live. For my ears, I could hear a huge differance, of course thats what I do for a living. I have to hear the slightest changes in sound. I've read up on Soundstorm, but honestly I'm not impressed. Its decent, but it has a long way to go. From what I can tell, its just as a good as a 5.1. I've been using creative products for the most part and haven't had any problems. I did get a soundcard a few years ago (I think it has the aureal2 chipset) and was very disappointed. I know some people have problems with their cards, but so do people with their video cards . Its normal. If you really want a good card, get a Gina soundcard. But even then, the Audigy 2 is catching up. I have noticed quite a few software companies (audio software) are still recommending the soundblaster live 5.1 for use with their software. My 2 cents. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back