SoundBlaster

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bman, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

What do you guys think about the Soundblaster extigy ??

I like it except here in ottawa, its about $250 and im only 14 years old with out a job !! lol

2. AKHeero

AKHeero Guest

I've heard its pretty good. The only bad thing that I've heard is that it can take up a lot of CPU time. I think I read this in a recent Computer Gaming World. It takes up something like 50% more CPU time than the SB Audigy. There was another external sound card in that same mag that actually took up less CPU power than the Audigy but with about equal sound quality. When I get home tonight I'll look it up and let you know what it is. Hope this helps you out some.

3. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

even with that , the audigy and exdigy are very nice !!

4. AKHeero

AKHeero Guest

I think it basically depends on what you are going to use it for. If you need all the extra connections that the extigy provides, by all means go out and get it. However, if you would use it for primarily gaming and playing music, I would get an Audigy Gamer (wait, I already did that :) ). That way, if you need those extra connections later all you have to do is get the LiveDrive from Creative. Plus, it has an IEEE1394 port (aka Firewire). I think that I got my Audigy Gamer for about US$80 and it was worth every penny.