Soundblaster Audigy

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NaMcO, Jun 11, 2002.

1. NaMcO

NaMcO Guest

Hello. Does anyone with a soundblaster audigy have something running at startup called "ADGJDet.exe" :confused:

Does anyone know what is it used for, can i remove it, should i leave it there ?

Any info is appreciated, thanks :D

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Yeah, it runs on my PC, but as far as I can tell it doesnt slow the PC any, so I would leave it.

When I first saw your post, I thought you were talking about the Splash Screen. If you want to get rid of that go to

C:\Program Files\Creative\Splash Screen\

Then edit the file

CTEAXSPL.INI

and change the bit under

[PlayList]

Delete all the line and enter the following instead.

Count=0

It will then not run at startup.
    The reason that I stopped it was that it was using CPU Cycles and Memory for about 15 mins at startup.

3. NaMcO

NaMcO Guest

I can't find that splash screen folder. Maybe i deleted it before, i don't remember. I got rid of the AVI that plays on startup (were you referring to this?) by removing its entry from the registry and renaming the executable as well. It's located here:

C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Program\CTEaxSpl.exe

I just renamed it to _CTEaxSpl.exe one time and then removed it from the registry. I never saw that splash screen you talk about, different drivers maybe ?

As for ADGDet i think it just starts up, does something, and then exits. I can't see it on my processes list, so i guess that's what it does. Just wondered if i could get rid of it on startup :D

Thanks !

NaMcO