Sound problem when using WMP and keyboard

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Eve, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Eve

Eve Guest

My speakers are tempermental at the best of times but this is getting really annoying! If, on the off chance that they are actually working for a change I like to listen to music on wmp while I work. Sounds fair enough, except if I have to type. Typing words is fine and even using the number keys above the letter keys works ok. (except it's damn slow) But the minute I try to use the number keys on the r/h side of the keyboard (under the number lock) the volume mutes. I have the volume icon in the taskbar so I can turn it on again pretty fast. But it's really starting to get on my nerves. I either have to spend ages trying to type something so as not to use those keys or I have to work in silence. Any ideas?

TIA;)

2. Eve

Eve Guest

Anyone? :confused:

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

What kind of keyboard is it? Make, manufacturer, USB, etc.?

4. Eve

Eve Guest

It's a compaq, I just checked device manager: It's a "HID Keyboard Device" and the location is: "on USB Human Interface Device"

Does that help any?

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Have you tried changing out the keyboard to see if that would help?

6. Eve

Eve Guest

:confused: Do you mean try a different keyboard? The only other one here is one from a realllllly old computer, I swear It's older than I am! I doubt it would be compatible.