Sound manager needed

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by Vanquished, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Vanquished

Vanquished Mr. Bananagrabber Political User

Hey everyone,
    I recently bought a 5.1 surround system, and I was wondering if there was a program that I could use on my laptop to control the output (set it up for surround, make the subwoofer work more, etc) I have Altec Lansing speakers on my laptop which is an HP dv9000z as far as I can tell my soundcard is the Conexant HD Audio, I know that Realtek has a program like this, which is what I am looking for. Any help?

thanks,
    Jack

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

windows does this, as do the sound drivers. check control panel and your start menu.

3. Vanquished

Yea i don't have anything on my computer to do it. I mean I know i have the right drivers because the speakers work, and the headphone jacks work, but they aren't optimized for surround. I have something in control panel that says SmartAudio but it does not exist, its a blank icon. Hmm...

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

reinstall the drivers, or get the latest ones :)

Failing that buy a proper soundcard

5. Vanquished

its on a laptop....
    And the drivers are updated. What i need is the program itself, I've already updated the drivers, I need i guess the UI

6. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Right, so you could always get a laptop soundcard. I think creative has a few to offer as well as other brands.

To answer your question though, are you running Windows XP/Vista? 32bit or 64bit? If you are running Vista 64bit, try looking in the control panel and look for "View 32bit Control Panel Items" and look in there for something specific to your onboard sound.