Sound fails

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SMAnsari, Jul 10, 2002.

1. SMAnsari

SMAnsari Guest

I've had some problems with XP of late and I am currently working on them (CPU usage gets stuck at 100%) but the newest glitch is that my sound disappears after almost 6 minutes exactly regardless of the application...I have tried playing a movie on WMP and then any other player and after 6 minutes, it goes mute...I don't need to restart the computer for the sound to return...All I have to do is close out the application and then restart it and again the sound will disappear in 6 minutes...Does this sound like a problem that some may recognize?...Thanks
  2. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

hmmm, does this happen with other video and/or music files too? I am wondering if there's a problem with that particular movie file.
  3. SMAnsari

SMAnsari Guest

Happens with any movie or music file...It happens within 6 minutes and on one occasion it was around 5 minutes...I tried to see if it was a driver that needed updating but that doesn't appear to be the problem
  4. Kuja

Kuja OSNN Addict

power supply failing? cpu overheating? dunno..... thinking something that fails when overheated, or is overloaded..... :S