sony stick will not read

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kev59, Apr 26, 2003.

1. kev59

kev59 OSNN Senior Addict

i have a sony camera which read the photos through pictures it now does not i also have a usb reader/writer but cannot find the driver disc can any one help

2. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

I'm guessing you are talking about a Sony MMC card - does your camera recognize it at all - if it does.. then you can format it through the camera - (majority of camera's have this option)

However, your reader/writer drivers - would need to look on the manufacturers website to see if they have them - or post up the model name/number and I'll have a look for yah.

MdSalih

3. yoyo

yoyo _________________

When you plug the camera to your USB port and switch it on, there should appear a new drive in MyComputer, labelled Sony Memory Stick. That's the way it works for me. If you have autorun enabled additionally an autoplay handler comes up asking you what you want to do - open the folder, or display the pictures or whatever. There are usually no extra drivers needed for XP.

4. kev59

kev59 OSNN Senior Addict

all it has on the back is usb reader/writer p/n:fpts-k uswd2k01

only small about 3 "x 1"

5. kev59

kev59 OSNN Senior Addict

thanks yo yo / da boss it does that when i connect the camera but if i take the memory stick out it plgs straight into the memork stick reader saving my batteries that after a format needs drivers and i cannot find my disc hence previous post