software to rip dvd audio

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by muzikool, Feb 10, 2004.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I have a live music DVD that I would like to make into an audio cd and was wondering what the best way would be. I have used Adobe Premiere before to rip audio from short AVI files, but I've never ripped audio from a DVD. I thought there might be a better solution, and that someone with experience in this could offer some suggestions.
  2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Arlington, TX
    If it is a DVD-Video disc, you will need to rip the disc to your computer, then extract the audio. Visit for more help and information.
  3. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

The Netherlands
  4. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Des Moines,IA
    Looks like it just uses your soundcard to tap into the audio instead of taking it from the DVD directly. I'm gonna give it a try, but I bet simply using any kind of WAV editing software where you can select the source to record from will work just as good.
  5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I would much rather rip the audio straight from the DVD (source) instead of having to rip the entire A/V file to the hardisk first. That would take much more time and space.
  6. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    Rip the DVD to your computer using SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter.

Then use BeSweet and BeSweet Frontend to strip the audio. It can even encode to mp3 on the fly. I recommend using the 2 Channel LPCM stream if there is one. If not it can mix the ac3 stream to 2 channel.