Smoothen out Doom3, The Sequel

Discussion in 'Benchmarks & Performance' started by Heeter, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi Guys,

Well, it has been about a week that I have been playing Doom3 @ High12x10. I do have to say that Sazar was right on the money. I actually don't really notice any difference in the way that the game looks. But, it is playing waaay better. If anyone remembers, I was trying to play it @Ultra 12x10, then trying to figure out how to get my machine top play it there. While I learned how to O/C my machine to new levels, Sazar actually brought some sense to the table and said that "High" settings are just as good. I am about halfway through the game right now and enjoying the fast-paced, smooth gameplay.

I guess I just wanted to say a big'ole thanks to Sazar again for the common-sense, more bang for the buck approach.

Next up on the list when I complete Doom3, Call of Duty - United Offensive. EBGames has my reserved copy arriving tomorrow.

Heeter

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I still have a hard time with the fact you say you are playing @ 12x10 lol..

the game was most playable for me @ 10x7...

3. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

yay for 640x480 =\ low

4. dieot

dieot OSNN Junior Addict

I'm playing it @ 16x12 at high settings. Got a 6800GT w/ Athlon64 3000+

5. pok_pok_911

pok_pok_911 go the AMD!!!

how did you get your ATI card high like dat i wana but dunno how!

6. LocKStocK

LocKStocK Smokin & Jokin

Yea right! Thats more powerful than my 9800xt! What's your secret?

7. emeritus

emeritus Beware the Monkeys!!!

Well, I just finished the game. It was a bit short, but fun. BTW, running Ultra settings at 10x7, on the system listed below, no problems what so ever. Found the id logo and I loved the creatures from the original game. I can't wait for the expansion now.