Small/Medium Sized Network

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Can anybody help or point me in the direction of some resources about how to set up small to medium sized networks. Somewhere that'll give you an idea of what to put on your 'to do' list so to speak.

Thanks

what kind of setup are you looking for?
is there going to be alot of file sharing? internet sharing?
will there be a server?
what is the point of this network you want to create

celticfan11 said:
what kind of setup are you looking for?
is there going to be alot of file sharing? internet sharing?
will there be a server?
what is the point of this network you want to create
I THINK he asked most of the right questions - I could add (maybe) budget?

Thanks for all the replies...i'll look in to that google link when i get home.

The point of this network could vary as it depends on what the customer wants and therefore could be any size and with many different requirements. Im really just after some advice or a guide on what things i should be thinking about and what is involved, such as if i was to set up a network what OS's are best, what specs would be advisable for a server etc etc.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer.

nope...

way to many variables... WAY too many.

networks are very individual things, changing greatly from one to the next as requirements and budget and such change.

agreed - but you can read up

blinden said:
nope...

networks are very individual things, changing greatly from one to the next as requirements and budget and such change.
2nd that opinion!

but maybe you can go here for a tutorial (hope link works - it is to another group's pages on MSN, but they're a nice enough bunch, if slightly less techy than here! :p )

blinden said:
nope...

Yep yep...i know i know..i didnt mean to sound like a complete novice, i was just looking for resources on what things should be considered when setting up a network.

Thanks all for the help though...i'll be on my way ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back