Slow Perfomance

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ice-Freezer, May 12, 2002.

1. Ice-Freezer

Ice-Freezer Guest

I have amd athlon xp 1800+ 1539 mhz and gforce 2 mx pci 32 mb sdram, 512 sdram pci 133 when i run games they are really slow, and i run them on 800 x 600 16 100 hertz my cpu temp on load is 41, while my friend whos got intel celeron 700 / 100 fsb and gforce 2 mx 400 agp 32 mb sdram runs all games much faster and he runs them on 1280 1024 32 bits 75 hertz..

:(
    whats the deal with this
    is it video card?

2. Static 99

Static 99 Guest

This is not gonna help you, and it's just my opinion. But i think these cards are really bad. I have the same card and i can't play games at all. I've tried allmost every driver i could find (old, new and even leaked ones), it doesn't matter, they just don't work on my system. I gave up, i'm $aving now for a new card. So, in my point of view, you're a lucky person. At least you cán play games.

3. Yodums

Yodums Guest

I would look into a: Video card, DDR Motherboard, and DDR Ram upgrade.

Your video card is way out dated so the modern games use very high technology for a GeForce 2 MX to be gaming.

Your XP performance is crippled by a SDR Mobo + SDR Ram combo.

4. Ice-Freezer

Ice-Freezer Guest

Thnx guys for your help, but i'm lucky enough my motherboard has 2 more memory slots which are ddr. i'm gonna buy 2x 512 ddr memory and maybe gforce3 agp :)

5. Freakzilla

Freakzilla OSNN Addict

I posted a similar question to this myself and found out that my P4 + SDRAM=poor performance. I am trying to raise some funds to buy a DDR mobo + Ram. I also have a Geforce 2 MX400 64MB and I have no problems running games so I am suprised to see some of the comments about the card on here.

6. Static 99

Static 99 Guest

It's only about the Geforce 2MX 32MB, not the 400 64MB.