Simple DHCP Server for windows

K

kanbeki

My friends and I are about to have our Monthly lan and having to go into the settings for each computer and set each ip up one by one so we have considered running a dhcp server on one of the computers we just use hubs...so how might I do this

The easiest way is to turn on ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) if you can. This will act as a DHCP server for the other computers.

So plug a modem into the ICS machine and connect on dial up.

No one has a dialup account nor is there a phonejack in the area that we lan DHCPd Programs do exsist but I don't know how to work a single one of them and I figured that one of you did

Originally posted by kanbeki
ICS won't work when there's no active IC :p
Dude, you don't need a connection. Just two network devices (one nic and one nic/modem/firewire/whatever). The modem doesn't need to be connected to anything (except the computer of course). Turn on ICS and it will work as a DHCP server. Sure, you won't get any Internet, but if you don't have any, so what? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back