Silent Hill Experience

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by RanusApe, Apr 8, 2006.

1. RanusApe

RanusApe OSNN Junior Addict

I know there are those of us who love the Silent Hill series. I was poking around the konami site and noticed the trailer for the Silent Hill Experience ( www.konami.com/store/silenthillexperience ), looks pretty good imo. This is an awsome addition to the Silent Hill series. I am seriously thinking of getting it, because it is only 20 bucks. Good way to refresh your memory on the SH series before going to see the movie.

2. sindustrial777

sindustrial777 OSNN Addict

Though I haven't played any Silent Hill games in the past (except for a "SH4: The Room" Demo), this still looks like a good product, in fact if I saw this it would probably entice me to play the series. I hope they make more of these for other series (like resident evil) that would be cool.

3. RanusApe

ya i loved resident evil 4, but from what i hear the silent hill series is actually really good and some people say "better" than resident evil. i think i might pick this up sooner or later.

4. sindustrial777

Yeah survival horror never found its way into my heart to tell you the truth, besides res. evil 4, I dont play the genre too much. I suppose the fact that survival horrors prime years were when the SH and RE series' were on the ps1 before I was allowed to play them:lick:

5. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

is it only in UMD format?

6. RanusApe

as far as i can tell yes, it looks like the silent hill experience is only for PSP (UMD) but the upcoming movie is gonna be in theaters.

7. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

something about skinned dogs, dense fog, and darkness makes me very very hesitant to want to EVER play another SH game again.

im a wimp when it comes to horror.

8. 123kid

123kid OSNN One Post Wonder

i like the other sh games i hope this one doesn't disapoint me

9. sindustrial777

It might since its not really a game :lick:

10. inakaotaku

inakaotaku OSNN Addict

I picked up "The Silent Hill Experience" which is officially called an "interactive umd" not a "PSP thingy". It's pretty neat. The comics are animated, which is very cool, and they have both of them on there. Kind of interesting to see how new technology creates new media, I hope "manga for PSP" has a future. It's also got music from all four games, game trailers, the movie trailer, and interviews with Christopher Gans and Akira Yamaoka. It also has the "fukuoku" video and a couple of others that I can't remember the name of right now. Good stuff for fans of the series. It's kind of like having all the extras on the movie DVD way before the DVD comes out.