sidewinder

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by larry99, Dec 17, 2002.

1. larry99

larry99 Guest

help has anyone sorted the problem with the microsoft sidewinder persision joystick in the sound card game port .It has no problem installing in xp professional under game pads has it finds sidewinder automatically ,but cant callibrate due to the message that it is not found or istalled properly.cant find new drivers for it has they only do 95 98 .looked on microsoft site and they say some sound cards are uncompatable with xp and the sidewinder.If anyone has any other ideas i would be greatfull

2. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

what sound card and version of drive you using? I am using a Creative 5.1 and have no problems with my joystick connected to it..

3. larry99

larry99 Guest

its not my machine but my dads he is using a msi motherboard with onboard sound, it worked ok in 98 ,but have been looking on mircosoft site and they say they dont support the sidewinder persison 1 joystick

4. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

ahhhh, yeah that would do it.. since it's onboard sound you are limited to what the MB mfg supports.. can you use the USB adapter instead? or is his version of 98 pre-USB?

5. larry99

larry99 Guest

yes he has usb ports but how much do the serial to usb converters cost ,plus are they reliable and where would i get one
    thanks