Sidetrack & Firefox horizontal scrolling

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by Mr. K, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Mr. K

Mr. K OSNN Occasional

I can't get SideTrack to scroll horizontally in Firefox on my iBook. Research tells me to set mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action to '0' and mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.sysnumlines to 'true' in about:config, but when I use the touchpad to scroll horizontally all it does is replicate the vertical scrolling action. Without altering those settings, the horizontal scrolling zone on my touchpad does nothing at all.

Horizontal scrolling works perfectly in Finder and other applications so I'm betting it's a Firefox problem. Any ideas? I'm using the PPC-optimized version of Firefox 1.0 (if that makes a difference).

Thanks.

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Try installing a nightly build (there are G4 optimised builds, I'd recommend a build around the 19th, more recent builds are buggy) you can install it along with your stable version if you don't wish to replace it.

3. Mr. K

Mr. K OSNN Occasional

I emailed Alex Harper at Raging Menace and he recommended to trash my profile/preferences. Along with a fresh install of Firefox this seems to have done the trick.